Take a look at yourself in the mirror.
Do you even do that? When you do, you will see that you look and act differently from other men. Are you even bothered – or pleased – that you are different?
If you are an Omega Male – I don’t think you care either way.
What is an Omega Male?
Some men do not meet the ultimate alpha male‘s qualifications, and they do it on purpose.
They would rather follow their own path in life than being considered typical.
A smart outlier, I don’t even think you meant to read this article.
Somebody probably gave you the link, and you clicked out of curiosity.
Does He Even Exist?
Yes, in the sea of men trying to be Alpha and ending up as Delta, this smart guy with the I don’t care attitude.
No, he is not like the Sigma, who secretly wants a taste of the glory but ending up packing for the great out there – away from it all.
An Omega man can be there with the rest of them, but he will not squeeze himself in.
For some reason, he manages to find the perfect fit for someone smart, funny, and quirky.
Some men just do not care about meeting society’s criteria.
Characteristics of An Omega Male
An Omega Male can be described using the following criteria:
- He is hyper-aware of everything. Someone may even call him “woke.” He knows how to behave appropriately, but he is not there to command a group. He will be more likely jesting around with the crowd while the Alpha Males try to outdo each other for the limelight.
- He has charisma. He uses it to be as comfortable as possible with his approach to life. People like being with him, but he does not use that as leverage to get ahead. He just truly enjoys being with others and seeing the camaraderie bouncing off each other.
- He is smart. In fact, people know him for his intelligence. This makes him self-possessed enough to survive on his own turf. He is confident about how smart he is, but he does not use it to gain power over others.
- His type of leadership is through inspiration and example. No, you won’t convince him to get out there to make a speech or to take control of a group. He would rather be on the sidelines, sympathizing with the underdogs and even with the so-called bad guys. Yeah, you are not running after successful friends as an Alpha would. You like stirring the pot a bit.
- Some people may think he does not want to grow up, but he just can find something fun about anything. He should be a hit with family and children.
- Unfortunately, he does not always end up getting the woman. It may take time for him to find a life partner, not just because he looks at life with equal parts humor, cynicism, and intelligence. He may need more dominant women to straighten him up for the more serious things in life.
- He is unconventional. Rom-com movies are having a fun time taking the Omega and making him a leading man. The Alpha personality can get on too strong for some women. Nowadays, everyone wants a sweet guy instead of a macho-type with shredded abs who does not really understand what women want.
- He is independent. He does not rely on other people to accomplish things. He solves the problem without any help.
- Mothers of love interests love this guy. They see the more ambitious variety of the O-guy as harmless and reliable.
- He is confident. He knows what he is doing. The O-guy may remain by the sidelines, but the choice is strategic and based on preference. Nobody threw him there. He chose to be there.
Are Omegas Rare?
Because most men value being on top and exerting dominance, this personality type is rare.
Among the social hierarchy personalities, it may even rank the lowest.
This is because society expects a man to behave a certain way: fierce, rough, and loud.
He must also be handsome, charismatic, and able to apply himself in corporate settings while also not forgetting to get himself buff.
He must be on top of all things.
The Omega type is rare because it is challenging to stray from the pack.
He does not let go completely because he genuinely enjoys the company of others.
He does not spell trouble for any personality type because he has his own thing going on.
What are some Symbols Associated with this Personality Type?
The whole social hierarchy hinges on the wolf pack scenario.
The Omegas are often found on the fringes of these groups.
These are the ones happily escaping the center of social circles.
They may be wolves or pups who do not attempt to be the leaders of the pack.
What are Zodiac Signs Strongly Associated with this Personality Type?
Typical Omega character is associated with mutable zodiac signs, such as Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces.
Gemini and Sagittarius may lean more towards extroversion, but they may not try to be on top.
Gemini is more interested in the intellectual experience.
On the other hand, the Sagittarian is too flighty to really stay put.
Meanwhile, Virgo is another intellectual type who may choose fringe roles instead of leadership.
The Piscean is more of an introverted sign, but it does not mean that he is weak.
How are Omegas in Love & Friendships?
Omegas are excellent friends.
They can make you laugh and discuss lofty ideas at the same time.
Their sense of humor may border on sarcastic or childish sometimes, but they still pack quite a punch.
These guys are great at hanging out, even with nerdy hobbies such as playing video games.
They won’t see anything wrong with the habit.
A Delta, on the other hand, would have felt bitter about seeing himself in what he did not feel was a positive move in the game of life.
Do They Truly Fall in Love?
Of course, they do. Everyone does. However, they will not deal with terrible women.
They do not have the patience for the type.
An Alpha Female may actually intrigue them.
These women will not tend to marry someone like them.
They would seek something different – a novelty – like a guy who is further down in the social hierarchy but comfortably smart and can be acerbic.
They do not often get the females.
When they do, they end up in partnerships wherein an Alpha Girl gets to be who she wants to be.
She will fall for this woke man who does not abide by traditional gender roles.
How About their Careers?
At work, these guys barely make their physical presence known.
Their no-nonsense approach to work (even if it goes from 9 to 7 and beyond) helps them engage themselves fully.
They contribute because they value their intellect and their capability to quietly assert themselves in every situation.
If you are tired of having guys come to work all dressed up but nowhere to go, you may appreciate the fact that type O guys, while relegated at the lowest rung of the social hierarchy, will deliver all the quiet work.
They could well be the brains behind the operation.
They are great thinkers with artistic hands and committed characters.
What motivates Him at Work?
They are motivated to work not because they want to reach the top of the corporate hierarchy.
They may already be there because they can create a whole world for themselves without making a lot of fanfare.
For those who are in 9 to 5 setups, they work because they enjoy stretching their imagination.
They like testing new theories and stretching the limits of convention.
More likely not much of a talker and not physically buff, our O guy likes to do the actual work.
And isn’t that what you want from an employee or a boss?
How do you become An Omega Male?
More men are gunning for the A-role.
They think that they have to look and act like it.
The problem here is that more females are sensing the problem with these guys.
They are starting to all look alike, sound alike, and act alike.
They all want the same thing.
While they may act free, you often wonder just how free can somebody get if they are fitting into the mold and working towards a position.
Being an O-guy, however, is a natural thing.
You may have to be born with a sense of humor backed by a quiet intelligence.
So, if you are this guy we have been describing all along, know this: you may not survive caveman days, but you are the man of the 21st century and beyond.
For those who are not at this stage, you can become one by relying more on your intelligence and sense of humor.
You must shed all your preconceived notions of what a man should be.
If you have a large ego, you must learn to tame it and be a gentler version of your smart self.
Machismo is now largely frowned upon but still exists.
We have arrived at an era when females can already be leaders over men.
So, being an O guy is not necessarily about being lazy to aim for what you deserve.
Sometimes, you just know that your skills can serve a greater purpose coming from a quieter place.
If you know how to accomplish your work on your own and do not need others’ influence, you are on your way.
Who are Some Famous Omega Males?
Not all famous men are A-guys. More and more O-guys are stepping into the fore.
- Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, and other smart but introverted men who have contributed so much to the world are part of these increasingly coveted roles. Yes, Gates has a lot of money, but he does not command other people to do something.
- All Jason Schwartzman roles seem to depict O-guys. We are seeing a lot of this in Noah Baumbach movies. These are artist types of even failed ones. However, they are clearly comfortable with their intelligence but find ways to reason out their situations.
Watch more rom-com movies, and you will find that several heroes are no longer A-guys.
The main female character may begin their romantic journey desiring the usual chiseled football player or the handsome billionaire.
Still, they will eventually realize that the video game designer or the quiet dad are better options.
If you take a photo of an Omega guy, you may often find someone who is not a Disney handsome prince or an Olympic-bound athlete.
If you go to his workplace, you may not even immediately see him. More likely, the other social hierarchy members will be flocking to the As, trying to get a bit of the shine.
As you go further in, you will realize that the O-guy is content with just being there, actually working to meet a deadline. During break time, he may be joking around others to make them feel better. They are more willing to self-deprecate to make others feel good.
The thing about the O guy is that he is so comfortable in his own skin and happy with what he does that he does not have to seek others’ validation. All he knows is that he needs to apply what he knows and do what he enjoys.
People often misunderstand this guy. They think him unambitious. Earlier years have even had them being labeled as almost effeminate. They cannot be guys if they cannot be rough, can they?
The 21st century, however, is nicer to the O guy. People now see him as someone who can successfully reach his goals using his own skillset. He is your modern, geeky, but smart and savvy guy.
So, are you an O guy? Then, you are probably finding the humor of you even reading this article. More likely, you are on your way back to do what you enjoy doing. The 21st century is yours for the taking.